Monday, May 5, 2014

Thing 2 - Mobile Device Tips

After a long pause I am finally back at the 23 things! 

I used the link labeled "iOS 7 Tips and Tricks: Here's what your iPhone or iPad Can Do Now"   This Pocket-Lint article was a bit disappointing.   Some of the tips did not apply to my device.  For example, the Camera tip on taking Panorama picture is not supported on my iPad 2.  Neither is burst mode.  It almost seemed like this article is really talking about iPhones and not about iPads.  The video iOS 7 iPad Overview was well done and helpful.  But it was a bit short.  I see that there is a series of videos from this author. 

I actually started learning about my iPad from a quick skimming of the User's Guide which I downloaded for free from Apple.  I installed the iBooks app and used that app to download the User's Guide.  It was from this book that I learned many of the basic procedures for running the iPad that I later saw in the video.  I learned a lot particularly about the Safari browser.

When ever I spend a little time on the iPad I skim through and learn a bit about one or two of the other default apps.  Hopefully after a few more days I will read a bit about each app.

No comments:

Post a Comment